Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Dodos-Black Night



The Dodos are not a band that I have payed deep attention to, despite liking their 2008 album Visiter quite a lot. Despite that fact I decided for the heck of it to check out and their brand new track "Black Night" and was quite blown away by it. Jittery and reminisent of the song that got everyone loving The Dodos in the first place "Fools", it's a tense, spaztic tone that merges the pulsating drum beat with the high pitch acoustic guitar, blending all into a strange and addictive freak-folk song, almost as if a jam band had taken speed and compressed an entire album worth of music into one song. OK, I'm realizing that I'm not doing a good job at describing this song, but trust me when I say this is a very excellent song.












Links:

The Dodos website
Pre-order No Color here, from Frenchkiss

No comments:

Post a Comment