Sunday, December 20, 2009

Atlas Sound @ Fun Fun Fun Fest 2009



I don't know what's worse: That I had heard practically no Atlas Sound music and I was getting a front row view, that I only got to see half of the show, or that I think I liked it more than Deerhunter? Even after all this time I still don't know the answers to those questions, but I do know that after having my brain delightfully shredded to pieces by Mika Miko, it was kindly put back together in the trippiest way by Bradford Cox and his backing band. For all the (most undeserved) shit Cox takes for practically everything he does, this live was pretty great. Not only was he able to pull from Trish Keenan from Broadcast to do vocals on "Quick Canal", but the great 5 piece backing band he assembled for the tour gave the music an energy that usually isn't their on the record. Plus, Cox's guitar playing was just sublime and he even managed to not ruin it by pulling out one of those hand less harmonica braces. It was just a great set, and the rain just amplified the music in a oddly pleasant atmospheric way.







































No comments:

Post a Comment