Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Secret Cities and Campfires



I've going to be spending the next few days playing musical catch up after my extended break. And while I'm going to enjoy it (the Best Coast LP is sooo good!), knowing what to post is going to be a little bit tricky. Luckily, I was dropped with two stellar pop tunes that are buzzing out of my tiny computer speakers as I type. The first is Secret Cities' "Pink Graffiti Pt. 1" , a song that I know has been floating around for awhile from these North Dakota kids, but since I always come later to the party, this should be expected. It's one of those swirly pop songs that are all over the web these days, and sounds something like a more K Records version of Oberhofer's "I Could Go" (another increasingly favorite song), which pretty much means this song is pop nirvana. I heard their Pink Graffiti album is also great, so I am going to dive into that as well.

(mp3) Secret Cities-Pink Graffiti Pt. 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------



What way better than to greet me home them then a brand new Campfires song too?! Seriously I don't know if this kid can do wrong. If you still haven't gotten one of his cassettes or singles, I don't have the faintest idea what your waiting for. "Eastward, God Damn It!" is a bit of a new step, punchier and more rocking, but still wonderful in that Campfires way. Some might only consider this a throw away song, but for everyone else, it is less than a minutes worth of bliss. Thanks to the always great Georgia of MME for the track.

(mp3) Campfires-Eastward God Damn It! (via Microphone Memory Emotion)

No comments:

Post a Comment